Anatom Explorer Trekking Poles
£32.50 RRP £35.00
The Explorer Trekking Poles are the first walking poles from Scottish based footwear specialists Anatom!
It is made from aircraft grade aluminium to offer you an extremely strong yet lightweight three section walking pole that offers support and stability over rough terrains.
The EVA foam handle offers fantastic cushioning and comfort for your hand and features an adjustable strap, while the quick lock system has two quick and easy to operate lever-type locks so that you can swiftly and simply adjust the height of your pole to suit you, the terrain and the gradient!
The Explorer Trekking Poles come as a pack of two and each has a strong carbide tip at the end with a removable pavement tip and an optional basket meaning that you will be ready and raring to go whatever the ground!
Trekking poles are an essential tool for hiking and mountaineering.
Here are ten reasons to use trekking poles:
1. Better propulsion.
2. Reduction in impact on lower back, legs, knees, ankles, and feet. A 1999 study in The Journal of Sports Medicine found that using poles can reduce compressive force on the knees by up to 25 percent.
3. Poles can be used to deflect minor obstacles such as thorny blackberries and spider webs.
4. Poles can help you establish and maintain a consistent rhythm.
5. The extra two points of contact significantly increase your traction on slippery surfaces like mud,snow, and loose rock.
6. Poles help you maintain balance in difficult terrain such as during river crossings, on tree root-strewn tracks and on slippery wooden bridges.
7. Use them as a probe to learn more about streams, puddles and melting snow bridges.
8. Defend against attacks from dogs and other wildlife.
9. Poles help to alleviate some of the weight you carry.
10. Trekking poles can be used for things other than trekking. They save the weight of bringing dedicated tent poles; pitching a shelter with trekking poles can save up to two pounds. Poles can also double as a medical splint.
- Extended EVA Foam handle with adjustable straps.
- 6000 Aircraft Grade Alloy
- Easy quick-lock adjustment
- Self lubricating, anti-corrosive brass screws.
- End stoppers on each section to prevent humidity build
- up and oxidation
- Carbide tip with factory fitted rubber protector
- Small removable basket
- Lifetime Guarantee against fault of manufacture
- Weight per pole: 245gms
- Packable length: 62cm
- Maximum extended length: 135c
- Anatom Explorer Trekking Poles
Just £1.95 next working day UK delivery - Free on orders over £50
Delivery Times Explained
Next working day delivery - stock is available from our warehouse and will normally be despatched the same day if you order by 3pm.
All items are sent on a next working day service (large/expensive items DPD Monday-Friday, smaller items Royal Mail Monday-Saturday). If you require Saturday delivery on larger/more expensive items (over about £50) there will be an additional charge, please give us a call for a quote.
Northern Ireland, Highlands and Islands will take 2 working days.
14 day delivery* - Stock will be ordered from our supplier. *Estimated
Very low stock - Please call to check availability
Small items may be sent by Royal Mail 24h, larger or more expensive items with DPD Next Day may require a signature on delivery. In the event that no one is available, the parcel will be taken to your local depot and a note will be left with instructions for redelivery.
Our "no quibbles" guarantee means that if for any reason you are unhappy with the item you have purchased just return it in its original condition within 28 days and we will issue a full refund or exchange.